Yeah, you read that right! I was reading the 4 hour body by Timothy Ferris and he has a handy inexpensive way to make a adjustable 2 arm swinging kettlebell with parts you can find at your local hardware store. I found it handy to have at my old gym where the biggest sized kettlebell they had was a 55# and I needed slightly bigger for my 2 arm swing. The cool thing is that it only cost me twenty bucks give or take and is excellent for a variety of exercises! I made a few tweaks to make it a bit more grip-able and user friendly
What you’ll need:
- one 1″ diameter x 12″ long pipe nipple for the shaft with male threading on either end
- two 1″ diameter x 6″ long pipe nipples for the handles.
- one 1″ diameter “T” fitting to connect above items.
- one 1″ floor flange as a base and to keep the plates from falling off while you swing.
- one vice grip or spring clamp to put just above the weights to prevent them from sliding and smashing your fingers.
You can see in the video how it’s all screwed together. I wrapped the handle part in sports tape to keep my hands from getting too messed up from the threads. The thing works great and is a excellent addition to any gyms equipment! Toss one together and share your thoughts here!
Tell us what you think.